Wednesday, May 11, 2022 by Ethan Huff
Government watchdog non-profit Open the Books has discovered that more than $350 million in secret payments were funneled to Tony Fauci, Francis Collins, and other government workers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) between 2010 and 2020.
These “undisclosed royalties” were paid to hundreds of scientists at the government agency in the years leading up to the unleashing of the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19), we now know. What we do not yet know is what they were specifically for.
“We estimate that up to $350 million in royalties from third parties were paid to NIH scientists during the fiscal years between 2010 and 2020,” Open the Books head Adam Andrzejewski said during a recent telephone news conference on May 9.
“We draw that conclusion because, in the first five years, there has been $134 million that we have been able to quantify of top-line numbers that flowed from third-party payers, meaning pharmaceutical companies or other payers, to NIH scientists.”
About 40 percent of the payments were sent during the first five years while the other 60 percent came closer to the time of the plandemic.
“We now know that there are 1,675 scientists that received payments during that period, at least one payment,” Andrzejewski added. “In fiscal year 2014, for instance, $36 million was paid out and that is on average $21,100 per scientist.”
“We also find that during this period, leadership at NIH was involved in receiving third-party payments. For instance, Francis Collins, the immediate past director of NIH, received 14 payments. Dr. Anthony Fauci received 23 payments and his deputy, Clifford Lane, received eight payments.”
Interestingly, Collins ditched his 12-year gig at the NIH in December of 2021. Perhaps he knew what was soon to come: the discovery that he, Fauci, and many others at the world’s largest public health agency were receiving illicit cash payments from unknown sources.
Open the Books published a fact sheet indicating the top five NIH employees in terms of the number of royalty payments they received while on the government payroll. These employees are as follows:
Robert Gallo from the National Cancer Institute (NCI): 271 payments
Ira Pastan from the NCI: 250 payments
Mikulas Popovic from the NCI: 191 payments
Flossie Wong-Staal from the NCI: 190 payments
Mangalasseril Sarngadharan from the NCI: 188 payments
The only one among them who is still employed at the NCI is Pastan.
“Employees are listed as inventors on the patents and receive a share of the royalties obtained through any licensing, or ‘technology transfer,’ of their inventions,” Andrzejewski explains.
“Essentially, taxpayer money funding NIH research benefits researchers employed by NIH because they are listed as patent inventors and therefore receive royalty payments from licensees.”
Back in 2005, the Associated Press (AP) reported extensively on these royalty payments, including details about who received how much and when. At that time, it was known that some 918 scientists on the government dole were each taking in about $9,700 every year, totaling about $9 million across all of them.
Today, that figure is much, much higher, thanks to the “national health emergency” declaration that came with the announcement of the Wuhan coronavirus (COVID-19) under the Trump administration.
“These are not the files the AP received in 2005 where everything was disclosed – the scientist’s name, the name of the third-party payer, the amount of the royalty paid by the payer to the scientist,” Andrzejewski added.
“Today, NIH is producing a heavily redacted database; we don’t know the payment amount to the scientist, and we don’t know the name of the third-party payer, all of that is being redacted.”
The latest plandemic-related news can be found at Pandemic.news.
COPYRIGHT © 2017 NATURAL NEWS REPORTS